What is the differnce between tattoos, semi permanent make up and microblading?
Microblading and semi permanent make-up are actually cosmetic tattooing procedures, however the pigment is injected into the upper layer of the skin, the epidermis. This is the outer layer of skin the regenerates constantly, which causes fading and loss of pigment. With tattooing, the pigment penetrates deeper to the lower layers of the skin (dermis), where the cells are much more stable than the cells of the epidermis, causing the pigment to persist/ possibly with slight fading or spillover of pigment/ throughout the lifetime of the individual.
What is Microblading?
Microblading or Eyebrow Embroidery is a manual method, where every individual hair is drawn with an exceptionally fine blade. And since the pigment is injected closer to the surface of the skin, hairs are very fine and have an exceptionally natural appearance.
Microblading or Eyebrow Embroidery is considered to be semi-permanent, as compared to the traditional hair stroke techniques.
- Because you want look natural and put together even when you wake up, relax on holidays or exercise.
- Because your face will look more youthful and brighter while you will be more confident.
- Because the final look is adapted to your hair colour, skin tone and the direction of your eyebrow hair growth.
Who can have Microblading/Semi Permanent Make Up?
- Busy people who have little time to apply make up
- Very active, athletic, sporty people who can not continuously reapply cosmetic
- Anyone who have concerns about facial asymmetries
- People who have lost their brows due to medical treatment or alopecia.
What can I expect during the treatment?
- We will give you to complete consult form and client consultation record.
- Your treatment will begin with a consultation discussing the shape and colour of your preference to ensure a first class result. We draw the treatment area design in pencil so you get an idea of shape and form. We take a photo so we can discuss the symmetry and shape your features once you have decided the shape and colour that you would like, then and only then do we start the procedure.
- The next step is cleaning your treatment area. Cleanser is used to wipe any excess grime, dirt or make up away.
- A numbing cream is then applied directly on the tattoo area. (only for lips, eyeliner, ombre brows treatments) The cream needs about 15 min to take effect.
Does it hurt?
Like all semi-permanent procedures, microblading will require a topical anesthetic which can be topped up through the procedure making it realatively painless.
This is the part where the expects use the infamous word ”uncomfortable”. Obviously, pain is very much an individual thing so it is hard to evaluate exactly how uncomfortable is it. Topical anesthetics are applied to the skin during the procedure to assure you of the most comfortable experience possible.
How will look my treatment area right after the procedure?
- The pigments will appear very sharp and dark immediately after the procedure, so don’t be surprised. Over time, the pigment will soften and settle into the appropriate shade.
- During the initial healing period, make sure you give the tattooed area approximately three weeks to heal and set, limit any activity swimming or saunas or exposure to direct sunlight that might cause premature fading as well please avoid chemical treatments or facials.
- All tattoos carry the inherent risk of infection and / or allergic reaction, if pain or redness persists for longer than a few days, consult your doctor immediately.
Durability of Microblading/ Semi Permanent Make up?
The durability of the pigment depends mostly on the skin type and life style/exposure to sun, cosmetic procedures, etc. / after care.
A touch -up once in 6 month to a year and half depending on skin quality.
How long does Microblading last?
Microblading tends to last between 12-18 month and during this period of time may need a colour boost or refresh (once in a 6 month, depending on skin quality).
How I should prepare for the procedure?
- Do not go on sunbeds or have intense sun exposure 3 days before the procedure.
- Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energising drinks 24 hours before the procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen and all other substances whose could dissolve blood and weighty food and medicines whose impact vessels dilatation 24 hours before the procedure.
- Do not take omega 3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment.
- No waxing 3 days before treatment.
- Shower and fix your hair as you need to toke extra care not to get your brows wet for several days.
- No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment.
- Electrolysis should not be performed on the eyebrows for a week prior. This will create severe sensitivity in the area.
- Do not wear eye makeup.
- Do not dye your brows before the procedure for several days. The artist needs to see where the eyebrow hair is actually sparse, and dying obscures those areas which increases the risk of incomplete coverage.
- Do not wear contact lenses during the procedure.
- Before/Prior to do lips enhancement please contact us or your GP to get Aciclovir medication which help protect your lips from cold sores.
Why do I need a consultation prior to treatment?
Your consultation is one of the most important steps in your journey. The consultation is your opportunity discuss your treatment plan with your technician/therapist to determine how much of a change you are willing to make. The process takes approximately 30 minutes.
During the consultation your technician/ therapist will walk you through what’s involved in your choosed treatment. This is so that prior to committing to the treatment, you will more fully understand such things as:
- What to expect during and after the treatment
- The amount of pain or discomfort to expect
- How many sessions you are likely to require
- Any possible side effects
- If you do your SPMU treatment we discuss shape and colour of treated area
- How to prepare for your sessions
- Discussion aftercare instructions
- Patch test discussion
During the consultation some of the questions you might be asked will typically relate to:
- Your skin type and sensibility
- Your medical history
- Any concerns you might have relating to the treatment
- Whether or not you are pregnant, breastfeeding or trying to conceive.
By the end of your consultation, you should be fully aware of what to expect from the treatment, and your expectations should match up with the likely outcome.
Immediately after consultation you are free to book an appointment and patch test or return home and consider the information you have been given.
One of our founding principles was to provide ethical and professional treatment. We believe offering free consultation and test patch are fundamental to ensuring we deliver quality assured, safe, effective treatment and care.
Who is not recommended to do Semi Permanent makeup/Microblading procedure?
- Breast feeding
- On keloids or if you have tendency to keloid birthmarks or moles.
- Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders( doctor’s note required)
- Circulatory disorders( doctor’s note required)
- You are taking blood thinning medication
- Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids(must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)
- If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area
- You are under 18 years old
- You are recently had Botox or Disport treatment(must wait 2 month)
- You have a broken capillary in the eyebrow area
- If you have a sunburn
- After waxing(must wait 3 days)
- After chemical peels (must wait two weeks)
How long does Semi Permanent Makeup last?
Semi Permanent Make Up usually last around 2 years but can last longer before requiring a retouch. This is why it is often called Semi Permanent Make Up rather than Permanent.
Specific areas that can be treated using SPMU
- Top eyeliner
- Bottom eyeliner
- Full lip colour
How long does the treatment take?
Including the consultation, paper work, and numbing time, the average length of time for a procedure is approximately 2 to 2.5 hours. The second application is usually 2 hour or less.
Before getting Semi Permanent Makeup/ Microblading applied, you will get a patch test on your skin at least 24h before the procedure to check on whether you have an allergic reaction to the pigment that will be used.
You can waive the patch test requirement by signing a waiver on the patch test forms.
Health and Safety
The applicator used during the procedure are sterile, individually packaged and intended for one time use only.
What to expect during and after your PhiBrows Microblading session?
Your new temporary eyebrow will go thought several phases during the healing cycle.
Be PATIENT during your 2 weeks healing process, your brows will change and appear different from day to day, this is NORMAL.
The pigment will appear very sharp and dark immediately after the procedure. This is because the pigment is still seating on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The colour of the pigment will soften gradually.
Around days 4-5 you will experience scabbing and your brows may look dry and flakey. DO NOT PICK your scabs, let them fall off naturally. If scabbing comes off prematurely, missing hair strokes will result and cause patchy brows.
Your eyebrows will be the lightest tones during says 5-10 because the colour is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. Later skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pain of beautiful new temporary eyebrows.
You may experience itchiness in the brows after 10 days and up to 1 month because of the pealing of the dermal layer.
- Please note that not everyone’s brows can heal clean and crisp. Hairstrokes for oilier skin types tend to heal more solid and powdery while drier skin types tend to heal more crisp and defined.
The durability of the pigments depends mostly on the skin type and life style, after care.
The final result will appear after second session.
Touch Up Procedure
After approximately 4-5 weeks, your tattooed area(eyebrows, lips, eyeliner) will mostly healed during the ”shedding” or ”scabbing” process. As a result, the initial intensity and thickness will fade, and the desired colour shade will start appearing. At this point, you should schedule a ”touch up” procedure to fill in any areas needing correction or modification.
During ”touch up” procedure we will go over your tattooed area again, exactly repeating the initial session only without drowning shape again.
Semi Permanaet Makeup Healing Time
There is virtually no downtime with most of our SPMU treatments, although certain skin types may vary. Minimal, slight bruising and redness is not unusual and will go away after about a day or so. As with any permanent cosmetic treatment, expect the colour to appear 20% darker and brighter than the final result. It takes approximately 7 to 14 days for the skin heal completely and 21 days for the final colour to bloom and settle. You will be given a healing schedule so you can track the progress of your healing.
The healing process is important aspect of your Semi Permanent makeup procedure. It differs from person to person and is based on several factors.
Those factors are:
- Skin type
- Extrogen levels
- Exposure to sunlight
Semi Permanent Makeup and Microblading aftercare instructions
General aftercare to 7-14 days Post procedure.
Proper aftercare is a very important aspect of the long term success, effectiveness, health and overall satisfaction with your new treated/tattooed area.
It is very important to follow aftercare instructions in order to achieve the best possible results from your Semi Permanent Makeup procedure. Post treatment care contributes to 70 percent of the treatments success.
During the initial healing period, make sure you give the tattooed area approximately 2 weeks to heal and set. All tattoos carry the inherent risk of infection and/or allergic reaction, if pain or tenderness persists for longer that a few days, consult your doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after application and use a clean cotton swab each time to avoid infection.
- DO NOT apply make up over healing areas
- DO NOT itch, pick , scratch or rub the area while healing
- For the first few days after procedure you should avoid wash your face (unless cleaning with wet hygienic tissues is allowed)
The following must be avoided during 14 days post-treatment procedure
- Increased sweating
- Practising sports
- Hot sauna, hot bath or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic Acid on the face or neck. Stay about 1/4 inch away from tattooed area
- Picking, peeling or scratching of the micropigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
- Performing task related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab
- Always avoid laser treatments, because they can destroy the pigment and cause burns
- Do not use antibiotics and hormonal therapy as this can lead to a faster pigment fading
- Do not apply topical cosmetics over area while healing
Itching and flaking may appear during the first 7 days post-treatment procedure.
The healing of deeper wounds might last between 14-21 days. Touch ups and/or correction of the shape is recommended only after this period.
Once completely healed,always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF30 up to SPF50 in your tattooed area. Sun exposure might cause the colour pigment to fade away more quickly.
Note:We do not be liable for any problems caused by incorrect after care.
Please DO NOT expect your eyebrows tattoos to heal perfectly after first session. This is 2 step sometimes multiple step process.
30 minutes after the procedure very gentle wipe your brows over with a DAMP (NOT WET) cotton swab to remove only lymph that has seeped and then reapply post-care cream.
Apply post-care cream with a thin layer 3-5 times a day to keep moist. If your skin is oily apply post-care cream 2 times a day(morning and evening).Apply post-care cream during 14 days.
DO NOT smash your face in a pillow while sleeping.
DO NOT wash your brows directly and be very gentle with them.
Avoid any make up(foundation) in the eyebrow area.
Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture.
DO NOT wash your hair during next few days after the procedure to avoid your eyebrow moisture.
During the shower keep your face away from the shower head.
Eyebrows Tattooing is a 2 step process and final results are sometimes not determined until the follow up visit is completed.
Eyes will be swollen for few days.
DO NOT wear contact lenses during the procedure and for 24h after.
DO NOT use mascara until outer healing is complete(3-5 days)
Have sunglasses available. Eyes may be light sensitive or even dilated immediately after.
DO NOT dye,perm or eyelash extensions for a 2 weeks.
Apply post-care cream with a thin layer 3 times a day.
It is normal to have discomfort or a feeling of pressure the day of the lip procedure.
Apply post-care cream with a thin layer 3 times a day. You should leave your tattooed lips alone for at least 4 hours before washing or cleaning. Be very gentle with your lips. Always wash your hands before touch your lips.
The colour is up to 40-50% darker straight after the treatment. It will fade 4 to 7 days after and the true colour will be seen after 3 weeks after the initial treatment.
Lips will be tender at first. Drink through a straw.
DO NOT excessively stretch lips while they are healing with big smiles.
One the third day, lips stop oozing and start peeling. Lips will peel for a week.
DO NOT have teeth bleached while healing.
DO NOT peel or pick at crust, this could cause pigment loss, scarring and delayed healing.
DO NOT use lips stick while healing(2 weeks)
The Final healed result is at about 2 months.
Cold Sore after a lip procedure is possible for individuals prone to outbreaks. It can outbreak occurs. Please contact your doctor for Aciclovir treatment. The scabbed area may loose pigmentation but can be corrected with a follow up procedure. Please DO NOT pick at the scab.
New clients appointments will be secured with a £50 booking deposit. It will be deducted from the treatment price and it guarantees the appointment.
If you wish to cancel your appointment, your booking fee will be charged and non-refundable.
If the cancellation is due to medical reason or other serious emergency, rescheduling the appointment will be accepted. No refund of your booking fee will be possible.
Please note: WE DO NOT ACCEPT Card Payments. You can do bank transfer with your full name as reference or pay by cash at the Clinic.
Beautex Clinic Terms and Conditions
- Please NOTE we DO NOT do ”Colour boost/ Touch up” treatments on other technician’s work. Full price will be charged, unless there is a special promotion offered at that time.
- Appointment only confirmed when deposit paid, no spaces will be kept.
- Please arrive on time and please respect the minimum requirement in the Medical History form- no Aspirin and other blood thinning medicine minimum 24h before the treatment, no Coffee/ Black Tea minimum 3h before the treatment.
- If you are late more than 15 minutes to your appointment, it will be at the practitioner’s discretion to decide if you can go ahead with your treatment that day. There can be no refunds on pre-paid treatment.
- Please NOTE every time you are late to your appointment it affects the rest of the appointment times after yours. If you are more than 30 minutes late to your appointment you might loose your Booking. Fee and need to reschedule your appointment for another date as well as pay new Booking Fee towards the new appointment reservation.
- If you have booked and wish to change or reschedule your appointment the DISCOUNT WILL NOT BE APPLIED NEXT TIME.
- We would kindly ask that you do not bring small children/babies to your treatment appointment, unless someone can watch them in the waiting area outside the treatment room. We cannot focus on the procedure and constantly be interrupted. Likewise, if you do come accompanied by other adults. kindly note they will have to wait in the area outside the treatment room.
Please make sure you will be able to attend the appointment before booking in as there is limited number is places available!